GCPO LCC Steering Committee and Partners – just wanted to drop you a short note to provide some important information on our upcoming Spring Steering Committee Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday-Thursday, June 14-16, 2016, in Baton Rouge, LA, in conjunction with the Gulf of Mexico Alliance’s (GOMA) All-Hands Meeting. GOMA has graciously extended an invitation to us to use their venue, the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, on Tuesday, June 14, the day before the All Hands Meeting starts. This year, we will meet jointly with the Gulf Coast Prairie LCC on Tuesday, June 14, then relocate out to the Louisiana Dept. of Fish Wildlife Headquarters, to conduct the remainder of our GCPO LCC business on Wednesday afternoon thru Thursday morning, June 15-16. Following are some web links to the GOMA meeting, and Lodging Information, and a draft agenda for your reference in making travel arrangements:
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance All Hands Meeting - http://www.gulfofmexicoalliance.org/announcements/events/2016-all-hands-meeting/
- Lodging - Hotel accommodations are through the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. For reservations by phone, call 800-955-6962. The group code is GMA2 for the discount government rate or GMA for the discount non-government rate. Dates available are June 13 – 17, 2016. For online reservations, go here. The group rate deadline is May 20, 2016.
Spring 2016 Meeting
Draft Skeleton Agenda
Gulf Coastal Plains and Ozarks LCC/Gulf Coast Prairie LCC/
Gulf of Mexico Alliance
Baton Rouge, LA
June 14-16, 2016
Meeting Venue: This year’s spring retreat will be held in conjunction with the Gulf of Mexico Alliance’s All-Hands Meeting, at the Hilton Capitol Center, Baton Rouge, LA.
Here is a map and summary of Baton Rouge restaurants prepared by GOMA!
Monday, June 13, 2016 – Travel Day
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Hilton Capitol Center)
8:00 am - 12:00 pm - Gulf of Mexico Adaptation Strategy (this will be a 4-hour session, to highlight the various projects that we have supported on the Gulf, and start a discussion on what’s next, how do we integrate these projects and use the results to help develop a Gulf of Mexico Adaptation Strategy?)
View/download the morning agenda: "Future Gulf of Mexico direction"
12:00 – 1:30 – Lunch
1:30 – 5:00 pm - Joint GCPO/Gulf Coat Prairie LCC Steering Committee Meeting1.
- Forest Wetlands Hydrology in an Era of Climate Change
- Southeast Conservation Adaptation Strategy Update (Cynthia Edwards)
- Other topics of mutual concern? (SECAS; integrating landscape conservation design across the 2 LCCs?)
View/download the afternoon agenda: *updated agenda* - The Southeast Conservation Adaptation Strategy and Bottomland Hardwood Riverine Hydrology
5:00 pm - Adjourn (Group Dinner/Social)
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
8:30 - 11:30 am (Hilton Capitol Center)
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance – Plenary Session
11:30 am - 1:00 pm - Lunch (on your own)
1:30 - 5:00 pm (LA Dept of Wildlife & Fisheries) - GCPO LCC Steering Committee Meeting
- Draft Blueprint
- ASMT Meeting - results
- Communications Strategy
Thursday, June 16, 2016 (LA Dept of Wildlife & Fisheries)
8:00 am – 12:00 pm - GCPO LCC Steering Committee Meeting
- Budget Overview/Project Recommendations
- Overview of projects ongoing or completed
- Steering Committee Charter
- Vice-chair election
Noon – adjourn (travel home, or attend GOMA Meeting)