A web meeting of the Geomatics Working Group was organized by Kristine Evans, the GCPO LCC's new Geomatics Coordinator and held June 25, 2014. The meeting was to re-establish the WG and update everyone on current status of the Conservation Planning Atlas, GCPO Landcover Database, and Habitat & Species Assessments.
Meeting objectives: Revive the GCPO LCC Geomatics Working Group, update members on LCC geomatics projects and outline vision for ecological assessment.
Expected outcomes: Forum for communication among geospatial professionals in the GCPO geography, common understanding of progress on existing LCC geomatics projects, and identification of key geospatial datasets for the ecological assessment.
- Introductions and staffing updates
- Update on Geomatics Working Group action items
- LCC subgeography constructs
- Conservation Planning Atlas (CPA)
- Land Cover Database (LCDB)
- LCC geospatial data needs
- Overview of ecological assessment/conservation design
- Discussion: Data opportunities for the ecological assessment
- Are there data layers in subgeographies that would best help us evaluate landscape endpoints outlined in the Integrated Science Agenda?
- Thoughts on the how to evaluate species endpoints?
- Discussion: Future directions for Geomatics Working Group
- Need for an in-person meeting
- Do you see this working group as an information forum or active involvement?
- Need for subgroups for specific projects?
- Desired frequency of calls/webex meeting?